The Bolt Action project is under way. Matt has started on a US force; Ian has ordered some Fallschirmjagers and I have assembled two British sections and a PIAT team. I began painting these last night. I used Coate d'Armes British khaki, which is a good colour but however hard I stir it, it seems to stay a bit shiny. Once the base colours are blocked out, I'll wash the figures with GW Agrax. The plan is to finish these figures before Valhalla on 19 June, when I'll pick up British command, an Anti Tank gun and a vehicle or two. I am tempted to but some universal carriers, a favourite ever since I made the Airfix model in 1/72. In larger game systems the universal carrier is a bit vulnerable all round. Perhaps at Bolt Action scale it will have a practical application.
I have played wargames for five decades. Recently retired, I have even more time to devote to it. More about me here.